The Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) provides multiple login portals for their students. The most significant sign in page for students in the distance learning program is the WCCCD Blackboard login platform. On this website, students can sign into their Blackboard accounts and access their resources, lessons and assignments, among others.
In addition to Blackboard, students also frequently use the WebGate portal and their school email accounts. Our guide will walk you through all three of these WCCCD login processes. Aside from standard login guidelines, we will also talk about troubleshooting solutions and college contacts. Read below for more info.
WCCCD Blackboard Login Walkthrough
The WCCCD Blackboard login portal requires all students who benefit from eLearning at the college to have a username and password. Your username is the same as you’re a number, while your Blackboard password is the 6-digit password you use for WebGate. Once you have these WCCCD Blackboard login credentials, you can proceed with signing into your account. This is what you have to do:
- Go to the WCCCD Blackboard login site.
- Read any announcements from the school on the top half of the page. (i.e. Access to courses begins on the first day of the semester).
- Enter your Username (your A number) in the first empty box on the page.
- Type your Password (your WebGate password) in the second field.
- Re-read your WCCCD Blackboard login credentials to make sure that you entered them correctly.
- Push the blue Login button to access your Blackboard account.
WCCCD WebGate Sign In Steps
The WCCCD WebGate is a platform that students of this college need to often access for school-related information. To sign in, you need a User ID and PIN (Personal Identification Number). For a User ID, students can enter their A number. If you can’t remember your A number, feel free to use your SSN (Social Security Number) to access your account. Your PIN is your birth date in a 6-digit format (mmddyy). Follow these steps to sign into WebGate:
- Visit the WCCCD WebGate login page.
- Write your User ID (A Number or Social Security Number) in the top field.
- Continue with your PIN – Personal Identification Number (your date of birth in a mmddyy format) in the next one.
- Click Login to complete the process.
WCCCD Email Login Instructions
Students at the Wayne County Community College District can easily access their school email accounts. The reason why the process is so user-friendly is that student emails are hosted by Gmail, which provides a login platform that many are already used to. You can reach the WCCCD email login page through the college’s official website. Go through these instructions to get into your inbox:
- Connect to the WCCCD home page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the purple icon labeled Student Email, highlighted in yellow in the image above.
- Scroll down again and read any relevant info about the WCCCD student email.
- Scroll back up and click the blue Login Here button we have marked in yellow in our example image.
- Type your WCCCD student email address in the designated field (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Push Next to continue.
- Enter the Password associated with your student email account at WCCCD.
- Provide any other account information if requested.
WCCCD Logins Troubleshooting Tips
Sometimes students get locked out of their WCCCD accounts, for various reasons. However, the most common factor is misplacing their passwords or usernames. In this regard, all WCCCD student portals have password reset or recovery options. In case the step-by-step processes for passwords don’t work, you can also contact their IT help desk for more assistance. Below are instructions for all three platforms we spoke about above.
WCCCD Blackboard Login Problems
- Access the WCCCD Blackboard login page through the first link provided in our guide.
- Click the Forgot Your Password? It can be found at the bottom right hand corner of the login box, next to the yellow arrow in the screenshot above.
- Enter your User ID in the first field of the window that pops up. Like your Webgate sign in details, your User ID is your A number or Social Security Number.
- Type your PIN (Personal Identification Number) in the second field.
- Press the Login button.
- Type your User ID if you can’t remember your Personal Identification Number. Please note that you won’t be able to reset or recover your PIN without your User ID.
- Click the Forgot PIN? button next to the Login button.
- Follow any instructions that come up to regain complete access to your Blackboard account.
WCCCD WebGate Sign In Help
- Go to the WebGate login portal with the second link from our guide.
- Type your User ID in the top field.
- Push the Forgot PIN? button.
- Go through any necessary steps to reset or recover your Personal Identification Number.
WCCCD Email Login Issues
- Visit the WCCCD student email sign in page with the third link from our guide.
- Click the Find my account link located right under the Next button.
- Type a Recovery Phone Number or Recovery Email you provided when your student email address was created.
- Press the blue Next button.
- Click Request Google’s help as an alternative.
- Follow the steps that come up as you go, according to the option you chose.
The WCCCD Website & Contacts
On the official Wayne County Community College District website, students can learn more about WCCCD financial aid, the WCCCD bookstore and other significant aspects of their studies here. For instance, students can check out their schedules, explore the student alert system or browse the college’s catalogue.
The five main categories on the website are:
- About Us
Read about their Programs or Divisions as a future student or click their Students category if you already go to the school. If you have any questions or feedback for WCCCD, you can contact them in three main ways.
The easiest one is to call them, using one of their general phone numbers or one for a specific department. Use 313 496 2600 or 800 300 2118 for general inquiries. If you want to reach a certain office, access the list of phone numbers on their contact page. Here are a few of the most common ones:
Distance Learning – 313 962 7155
Division of Student Services – 313 496 2634
University Center – 313 962 7150
If you need to send documents or prefer communicating with a college representative in writing, you can contact them via email or post. Their main email address is email@example.com. The address to use for sending mail is:
Wayne County Community College District
801 W. Fort Street
Detroit, MI 48226
Other than that, the WCCCD.edu website contains any other details you need about the college, their programs and student resources.