Many long-time users refer to the CenturyLink login page as the EmbarqMail login portal. However, Embarq was acquired by CenturyTel, Inc. in 2009 and the company has been officially CenturyLink since then. Nevertheless, the login portals are pretty much the same, aside from obvious branding. Our guide will help both old and new users with the login process for CenturyLink email.
Aside from showing you how to register for an account in the first place, we’ll explain how to sign in for CenturyLink bill pay or EmbarqMail email settings. In addition to this, we will walk you through a standard speed test to see if you have any problems due to a weak connection. Finally, we’ll give you extra help tips and the necessary contacts to get in touch with CenturyLink.
Register for a CenturyLink Email Account
To begin with, we will introduce new users to the EmbarqMail login platform. If you have phone and internet services from this provider, you can create an account in just a few minutes. Please note that you will need to have your personal information at hand, such as your land line number. To register for your CenturyLink email account to access the EmbarqMail login portal, follow these instructions:
- Go to the CenturyLink home page.
- Click the green Email button located at the top right hand corner of the page. You can see it marked in red in our example screenshot above.
- Click the blue Create Account link from the bottom of the EmbarqMail login page.
- Read the information on the page that appears and click Next when you’re ready to start creating your address. Please note that you can consult or use any one of the three icons at the bottom of the page throughout the process – Progress, Chat or Help.
- Enter the Telephone Number that is connected to your internet service, also known as your line number. You can also find this on your activation letter as your Account Number. Make sure you enter it in the specified format.
- Push the green Continue button.
- Follow the rest of the necessary steps that come up to set up your account.
Complete CenturyLink Login (EmbarqMail Login)
Once you have completed registration, you can proceed to the EmbarqMail login portal to sign into your account. To sign in, you need to have a CenturyLink email address and the password associated with the account you created. From there, all you have to do is provide them on the EmbarqMail login page and you’ll access your inbox. Go through these detailed instructions to sign in quickly:
- Visit the CenturyLink home website. Do this either by using the link we provided in the first section of this guide or by typing CenturyLink.net in the navigation bar of your preferred browser.
- Press the Email button highlighted in red above.
- Enter your CenturyLink Email Address in the designated field. Please respect one of the four formats mentioned on the EmbarqMail login portal.
- Type the Password you received or set for your email account.
- Uncheck the Remember Me box if you are signing in from a shared or public device. Leave it checked if on a personal computer to have your EmbarqMail login credentials stored in the browser.
- Push the green Log In button to finish the process.
Do a CenturyLink Speed Test
If you are having connectivity issues, one of the main culprits might be your internet speed. To verify this assumption, CenturyLink provides a quick online speed test. You can check to see how fast your internet is, as well as download and upload speed-related information. The speed test is offered on the official CenturyLink website, so you know you are getting data from a verified source. These are the steps to complete to find out what your internet speed is:
- Connect to the CenturyLink speed test page.
- Go through the welcome message on the first page and click the Before tab to start.
- Follow the guidelines for getting accurate speed test results. There are 5 main steps clearly described on this page.
- Click the Speed Test tab after closing all apps and other steps for correct results.
- Push the green Begin Test button to see how fast your internet is.
Get Help for CenturyLink Sign In
Assistance is always close by with CenturyLink. In most cases, users end up forgetting or losing their EmbarqMail login password. You can reset this password at any given time, as long as you have your land number and your CenturyLink email address. If you have these details, proceed with the steps we have outlined below for resetting your EmbarqMail login password:
- Go to CenturyLink.net.
- Click the Email button from the top right.
- Select Forgot password?, the blue link marked in red above, right under the green Log In button.
- Type your Phone Number in the first box on the page. Click the Help link if you have troubles identifying the proper telephone number.
- Enter your CenturyLink Email Address in the second one.
- Perform the Security Check required to reset your password. Type the characters you see in the image on your page. Click the refresh icon for a new code, the speaker one to listen to the characters or the ? icon for extra help.
- Push the grey Next button and go through any remaining steps.
- Go back to the EmbarqMail login page after you reset your password and sign into your account with your new information.
You should be able to get back into your account if you reset your password. However, if you need any additional assistance, you can reach out to CenturyLink customer service. The main CenturyLink phone number for assistance is 800 471 2658. Furthermore, you can use their live chat service for help on the spot. Just make sure you fill out the necessary fields before beginning the conversation so you can get the help you need.
For specific departments, you can take a look at their contact page. The company has provided phone numbers, email addresses and working hours for sales, troubleshooting and other departments. You can also visit the CenturyLink support center to see if your inquiry is among the frequently asked questions. Just type your problem in the field mentioned on the page and see what results you get. Visit the company’s official website for any other relevant details.