If you reside in Chicago or northern Illinois, there are high chances that you need to go through ComEd login to pay your utility bill. ComEd customer login is an option that was created by the company so users can easily pay their bills online. The ComEd sign in process – formally known as Commonwealth Edison login – can be performed by any customer who works with this company for their utilities. All it requires is a stable internet connected and Com Ed login credentials – a username and password. After you complete ComEd account login, you can pay your utility bills and carry out other relevant tasks on your ComEd My Account page. To help with your very first sign in, welcome to our Step-by-Step Guide for ComEd Login.
If you are a ComEd customer but you don’t have an online account, you can register for one in several minutes through the same comed.com/my account page. If you have any problems with your ComEd login, we have also provided detailed instructions on how to solve them. We’ll talk a bit about the payment options you have as a ComEd customer, as well as who you need to contact if you require personal assistance. Let’s go!
ComEd Login Instructions
As we previously mentioned, ComEd account login requires a username and password. Your username is actually the email address you used when registering for ComEd login in the first place. You can get to your www.comed.com My Account page either from a desktop computer or a mobile device. Both of these options will work just fine. If you have your ComEd login credentials prepared, go through these steps to access your account:
- Go to the ComEd login platform here: https://secure.comed.com/pages/login.aspx. You can also visit the company’s home page and sign in from there, but it’s best if you click our link for safe and direct access to your desired page.
- As you can see, the login box is on the left side of your screen. Start with your Username in the first blank box there. Remember that your username is the email address you used during registration.
- In the field under that, enter the Password you chose when you created your account.
- If you’re signing in from a public device or one that you share with someone else, please do not check the Remember Username box, for obvious security purposes. However, if you are on a private device, you’re welcome to check it to have your username stored in your web browser.
- Read through your information one last time so you’re sure that you entered it correctly.
- Click the pink Sign In button to complete the process.
Forgot Your ComEd.com Login Credentials?
No matter how much we try to stay on top of our login information, sometimes we end up misplacing usernames or passwords. Even worse, they can even be stolen from you. If you’re in the latter situation, contact the company immediately to see what you can do. However, if you just can’t find them, you can reset or recover your username or password using the same ComEd login portal. The instructions are just as simple as those for logging in, so read and follow below:
- Access the ComEd login site by clicking the link we inserted in the first section of our guide.
- Under the Remember Username option, you will find two blue links, Username and Password. If you can’t remember your username, click on the appropriate link.
- To begin the process, you first have to validate your account. To do so, enter your Phone Number in the first field, following the format example on your screen. This should be your primary phone number.
- After that, provide your Account Number. You can find this printed on your bill, on the top left part. All digits should be entered without any dashes. If you can’t remember your account number, click on the Account Lookup Tool link and follow the instructions there.
- Prove that you’re not a robot by completing the Captcha check.
- Click the Continue button from the bottom right corner and follow any other steps required to recover your username.
- To recover your password, all you have to do is click the link we mentioned above for Password.
- Enter your Username (Email Address) and do the Captcha check.
- After you hit Continue, answer your security questions.
- Set your new password and make sure you write it down so it doesn’t get lost again!
Register for ComEd Account Login
If you register for ComEd login, you can pay your bills online and even set automatic payments. Moreover, you have complete access to your payment and billing history and you can view your current account balance at any time. If you’re a ComEd customer and you want to register for an online account, follow these steps:
- Visit the ComEd login page. You can find the direct link in the first part of our guide.
- Look to the right side of your page and press the grey button labeled Register.
- You will be automatically redirected to the main registration page, where you need to choose the customer category you are part of. The two options you have are: Residential or Small Business or Property Manager or Landlord. We will explain the process for residential customers.
- Begin by validating your account. Enter your Account Number in the first box. Remember, you can easily find it on the top left part of any of your bills.
- Provide your Primary Phone Number.
- Enter the final four digits of your Social Security Number or Business Tax ID, depending on your situation. Please note that you should be the primary account holder to register.
- Perform the Captcha check.
- Proceed with setting your login information. You will have your email address as your username and a password of your choice.
- Read the transfer terms and legal disclaimer.
- Confirm the information you have provided to create your account.
Pay Your ComEd Bill
If you’re interested in finding out more about paying your ComEd bill, go to this page: https://www.comed.com/MyAccount/MyBillUsage/Pages/PayMyBill.aspx. As you can see, you can learn more about automatic payment, eChecks or expedited credit/debit. If you want to pay in person, you can visit one of their locations. However, please note that you’ll have to pay a processing fee of $2.00 to do so. To find the closest ComEd pay point in your area, use their locator tool here: https://secure.comed.com/MyAccount/MyBillUsage/Pages/Payinperson.aspx.
Before you call a ComEd agent, we recommend that you take a look at their Frequently Asked Questions. You might find the answer to your inquiry there. If you did this and you still have an issue, you can call ComEd at 1 800 EDISON 1 (1 800 334 7661). If your problem is not an emergency and you prefer written communication, you can use their online contact form. Enter your name, phone number, email address (twice), city, account number and service type. Select your relevant topic from the drop down list provided. After you type your message, go through the security check and send it. You will be contacted shortly by one of their customer support representatives.
Find out everything else you need to know about ComEd on their official website here: www.comed.com.