Blue Cross Blue Shield login is quite a common process among United States residents, as no less than 107 million are members of the federation. One might believe that there is one single Blue Cross Blue Shield member login portal, but it actually depends on your location. The BCBS.com sign in steps are extremely simple though, no matter what login portal you use. Provided that you already are a member, you can complete your BlueCross BlueShield health insurance login in just a couple of minutes. The aim of today’s guide is to walk you through the entire bluecrossblueshield.com login process from beginning to end.
Our guide will not only describe the specific steps you need to take for My BCBS login, but we will also provide a complete example for a popular state. In addition to our example, we will provide a list with links for the most sought-after Blue Cross Blue Shield login pages in the country. If you aren’t already a member, we will show you how you can purchase your own BCBS health insurance. Furthermore, we will facilitate access to a useful tool so you can find a hospital or doctor in your area. Let’s get to work so you can complete your Blue Cross Blue Shield login.
General Blue Cross Blue Shield Login Steps
If you already have a Blue Cross insurance card, you can proceed by signing into your account. While there is a main page that explains the Blue Cross Blue Shield login process, you need to find the one that applies for your location to sign. In order to do this, you must be on a device with a reliable internet connection so your login won’t be interrupted. We recommend using a desktop computer or a laptop, but you can also do this from a mobile device like a tablet or smartphone. Please note that you need to have your card at hand so you can find the proper Blue Cross Blue Shield login page for you. After you have everything prepared, simply follow these steps:
- Connect to the Blue Cross Blue Shield portal for members: http://www.bcbs.com/already-a-member. You can do this either by clicking the link or copying and pasting it in the navigation bar of your web browser. We only recommend the second option for those who don’t have their browser of choice set as default.
- As you can see both in the screenshot above and on the page you have reached, you need to enter the first three letters of your Blue Cross Blue Shield member number. This can be found on your insurance card.
- After you enter the prefix, click the blue and white arrow icon next to the box.
- As an alternative, you can take a look at all the BCBS companies. To do so, click the red link that reads View all Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies.
- If you aren’t sure about your identification number, you can click the red link entitled Looking for your member ID number?. You can find it right next to the arrow icon. A pop up image will appear, where you can see how the three-letter prefix can be identified.
- According to your prefix, you will be automatically redirected to the Blue Cross Blue Shield login portal you need to use to sign into your account.
Example: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Login
As promised, we will also provide a full example of how one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield login processes is carried out. We have decided to use the Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas login portal for our example, as it is one of the most popular ones. The steps that we will describe can generally be applied to any Blue Cross Blue Shield login page, even though the website’s design might differ a bit from location to location. To perform Blue Cross Blue Shield login as a Texan, go through these steps:
- Access the Blue Cross Blue Shield sign in page for Texas here: http://www.bcbstx.com/member.
- On the right side of the screen, you will see that the last blue button is entitled Log In. Please click it.
- A small drop down menu will appear. Select your status above as a Member, Returning Shopper, Employer or Producer.
- If you are a member, enter your User Name in the first box and your Password in the second one.
- Press the blue Log In button to access your account.
- If you can’t remember your user name or password, use the two relevant links to your right.
- New users can click the Register Now link to get login credentials.
Purchase BCBS Health Insurance
Everything you need to know about Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance can be found on their official website: http://www.bcbs.com. After you click this link, select Shop for Health Insurance from the top part of the page. Alternatively, hover your mouse over this button and choose one of the five main subcategories:
- Medicare Options
- AskBlue Medicare
- Healthcare Terms and Definitions
- Coverage Home and Away
If you clicked the button directly, you will be redirected to a page that is similar to the first one we spoke about in our guide. Instead of entering an insurance ID prefix, though, you can type in your ZIP code. You will receive a full list of plans that apply for your area, like under 65 individual or family plans, or the over 65 Medicare solutions. You can request a quote for the plan you are interested and continue from there.
Before getting a quote, however, you should look into the details of each plan. You will see what exactly it covers, the benefits and other essential details.
Find a Doctor or Hospital Near You
If you want to see what hospital or doctor is the closest in your area, you need to access the same Blue Cross Blue Shield home page we linked you to in the section above. Instead of shopping for insurance, click the button that reads Find a Doctor or Hospital.
Fill out the online form with the first three letters of your member ID or choose your network from the drop down menu. Pick your search terms and location. You can add other details, like patient ratings, extended hours or affiliations. Click Go and see what results match your search criteria.
Instead of searching according to a certain keyword, you can also search based on a specialty. All you have to do is select Search by Specialty from under the main title. After you identify yourself as a member, go through the A-Z catalogue and select what you want. Pinpoint your location, add any other details and find what you need.
Links for Other Popular Blue Cross Blue Shield Provider Login Pages
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield login – https://www.anthem.com/health-insurance/login/microsites
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield login – https://www.empireblue.com/health-insurance/home/overview
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield login – http://www.horizonblue.com/member-signin
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois login – http://www.bcbsil.com/login.html
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan login – http://www.bcbsm.com/index/members/online-account.html
Blue Cross Blue Shield NC login – https://www.bcbsnc.com/members/public/login-required.htm
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia login – https://www.bcbsga.com/health-insurance/login/microsites
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama login – https://www.bcbsal.org/customeraccess
Blue Cross Blue Shield MN login – https://www.bluecrossmn.com/healthy/public/personal/home/footer/help-mybluecross
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida login – https://www.floridablue.com/members
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield login – https://www.highmarkbcbs.com/chmptl/chm/jsp/InDirectPayUnasigned.do