Aol.com, formally known as AOL Inc., is one of the most well-known internet products, which has been popular among American users for years and years. However, not everyone has an account already, and many users who have just created a MyAOL account might require a bit of extra assistance with their first aol.com email login. After users pass aol.com login, they will have access to AOL Today, AOL mail and other options like aol.com change password. The My AOL login process itself is not difficult at all, but the first time could use support. For that, we have prepared a complete Aol.com Login and Register Guide, which will not only take you through how to access the aol.com login screen and go through aol.com login sign in, but also how to perform myaccount.aol.com change password and how to create a www.aol.com my account in the first place. Check out all of the dedicated sections of our aol.com sign in mail below and access or create your account today.
Steps for Aol.com Registration
In order to log onto Aol.com, you have to create a username and register an account with this company. There are several ways in which you can sign up for an Aol.com account, but we will walk you through the simplest method at hand. You will have to provide some personal information, like your zip code or phone number, so make sure you get them ready prior to beginning registration.
These are the steps for an AOL account creation (registration):
- Connect to aol.com through your internet browser of choice. This means that you can directly click on our link if your favorite one is set as default or you can copy and paste it in the web browser you prefer using.
- In the top right hand corner of the page, press the black link that reads SIGN IN | SIGN UP. You will be automatically redirected to the Aol.com account page, which should look like the screenshot we have included in our guide.
- Under the Aol.com login box, choose the blue link that is entitled Get a Free Username.
- The next page you will instantly be sent to should look like the second image we have inserted here. As you can see, you will need to provide personal information like your first and last name to get started.
- In the third field, choose the username that represents you the best (remember that it will also turn into your Aol.com email address, which is public).
- After that, create a password and type it again for confirmation. Select the month you were born in and enter the day (two digits) and year (four digits).
- Choose your gender and select a security question from the options available in the following drop down menu, also providing your answer in the very next field.
- Enter all ten digits of your mobile phone number and type in an alternate email that you can use in case you get locked out of your account.
- The last step is doing the human check and pressing the Sign Up button to complete the process. When you are all set up, continue with the steps we have described in the following section of our guide.
Aol.com Mail Login Walkthrough
Now that you are ready for www.aol.com login, the only other thing you need to do is make sure that you jot down your username and password so you don’t lose them. Nevertheless, if an issue occurs and you can no longer find your Aol.com password, you can reset it with ease (as we will explain in the next section of our article).
To perform the Aol.com login, go through these instructions:
- Get to the aol.com sign in screen; it is best if you do so by clicking the aforementioned link and then choosing the SIGN IN | SIGN UP link from the top corner on the right side of the website.
- Enter your Aol.com username or your full email address in the first empty field of the login box.
- Type in the password that you chose when creating your Aol.com account in the second field.
- If you are accessing your Aol.com account through a personal device or one that is shared with trusted people, you make check the box next to Remember Me to have your credentials automatically filled out the next time you choose to log in. We strongly recommend that you leave this box unchecked if you are logging on from a public computer, for obvious security reasons.
- Press the blue Sign In button to finish the process and access your Aol.com account.
There are also several other options for Aol.com login that don’t require a username or password. If you are already logged into Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Yahoo!, you may use any one of your accounts on these platforms to sign in. According to the website you are already connected to, press the corresponding logo at the bottom of the Aol.com login box.
Reset Aol.com Login Password
As promised, we will now explain how you can reset your Aol.com password if you can’t remember it anymore. The first two steps are the same as the Aol.com login and registration process – connecting to the www.aol.com page and selecting the sign in / sign up tab from the top right corner. After that, instead of trying to log in or register, make sure that you press the Forgot password? link under the two empty boxes and above the sign in button.
The first step to resetting your password is typing in your email address or username with Aol.com – please do so in the first field on the screen. After this, enter the characters that you see in the security check box to prove that you are not a robot. If you can’t quite make out all the characters you can press the refresh icon or the speaker icon to hear them. Push the blue Next button and follow the rest of the steps in the process.
Additional Assistance for Aol.com Login
Before trying to reach out to Aol.com representatives via telephone, we recommend that you check out their help page for a few useful guidelines. To do this, access the grey Help link at the top left corner of the www.myaccount.aol.com page, right next to the Aol.com logo. You will be sent to the main Aol.com Help Center, where you can search for answers to frequently asked questions. All you have to do is type your inquiry in the Search for your question field and press the magnifying glass icon to look it up. Based on what you searched for, you will receive a list of questions and answers that match your criteria. Make sure that you use keywords that will help you reach the information you need quickly. For example, if you have any other issues with your password, you should use this keyword when searching through FAQs.
If you still have problems with resetting your password and you want to get help from customer service, you can call any time between Monday and Friday from 8 in the morning until 1 in the morning or Saturday or Sunday from 8 am to 10 pm (both Eastern Time). The number you need to dial is 1-855-622-4946. Reviews for their customer service are pretty good, so you should have no trouble receiving help for whatever issue you contacted them for. Good luck!